lunedì 30 marzo 2020

Where we were...

[Versione italiana qui: https://robygiup.blogspot.com/2020/03/dove-eravamo-rimasti.html

How long since I wrote on this blog!

It was November 2017, when I was still at home in maternity leave for our baby boy. Few weeks later I went back to work, that's why I didn't have time to write on this blog,: being a commuter with long time between home and work I had very little energies left for our baby at the end of the day and still less time, so I didn't have any left for my passion for sewing. 

Then I got pregnant again and our baby girl was born in a hot July night in 2019. Now we are a family of four, and life is really animated! Our boy is nearly three years old, he's growing and learning so many things, and we're amazed and amused by his imagination and his reasonings. Sometimes he digs his heels to affirm his ideas, it's a phase of growth and I know it's important for him and it won't last forever, but sometimes it requires so much patience... Our girl has always been a little angel at day, even if sometimes she keeps us awake at night... Now she's crawling and goes all over the house, often following her brother which she adores, and sometimes he also enjoys playing with her! They're so cute when they play together! 

And now? In this troublesome time I'm still at home, using my last months of maternity leave to look after our children while my husband works from home, and I have to find always new ways of entertain the boy and keep him away from his father's laptop "Papà can I watch you working?" "Papà can I touch?" "Papà can I write?" "Papà what happens if I press this button" ... you know what I mean... 

As a child I loved making crafts, I remember a book "100 e 100 lavoretti per bambini" ("100 and 100 crafts for kids") that I loved and often used to make new crafts or to dream over those for "big" kids which I was still not allowed to do, like the ones with oven or flatiron. So now I really enjoy creating new crafts for my child, even if I have to adapt my ideas to his abilities: when we make crafts with kids it's important that the activities are adequate to their abilities to avoid the risk of loosing their enthusiasm! 

Since many moms are now spending a lot of time with their children I thought it can be useful to share my crafts here on the blog with simple tutorials, and maybe also share some of our favourite books for children and for parents. 

See you soon! 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Grazie per i vostri commenti!
Thanks for your comments!