lunedì 13 aprile 2020

Everything will be alright - Polka dots rainbow

Here's one of the first crafts we made at the beginning of the quarantine. In Italy people started to hang signs on balconies with rainbows and the words "andrà tutto bene" (everything will be alright) so I decided to realize a rainbow with my son: he's not yet three years old and has no patience enough to paint a big rainbow to be displayed at the balcony, so I opted for a smaller one. 


What we used: 
  • white cardboard
  • coloured sheets in the colors of the rainbow (for some colors we used pages from an old magazine)
  • markers in the colors of the rainbow
  • hole-puncher (our is very small, cuts just one hole at a time, so my son can use it all by himself without my help)
  • glue stick

What we did: 
  • I drew with markers the outlines of a rainbow on the white cardboard (I drew two lines with purple, to have 8 lines and 7 spaces between them)
  • my son cut several holes on the coloured paper with the hole-puncher: we worked for one color at a time to avoid mixing them  
  •  he put the glue between the red and orange lines and started to glue the red paper dots. Since it was a bit difficult to pick up those small circles I taught him a "trick": if you dampen the tip of your finger then the dots stick to it and it's easier to put them on the glue! If you're using paper from an old magazine, like we did, they probably have different colors on the two sides: take care to glue them on the right one! 

  • we repeated the same steps for the remaining colors and I added the words "andrà tutto bene"with markers using one colors of the rainbow for each letter. 

Easy-peasy!  

We like it because: 
  • we use the hole-puncher, a brand new instrument that my son used by himself: I saw him intent on observing it to understand from where the paper circle will hop out! 
  • we use several colors, that make us happy
  • we learn the colors of the rainbow
  • we work with small paper dots that require concentration and help to develop manual skills and precision
  • we learn "tricks" like the one to dampen a finger to pick up small objects
If you make this craft and want to share your result with us, visit my Facebook page www.facebook.com/RobyGiup

And now... have fun! 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Grazie per i vostri commenti!
Thanks for your comments!